Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Peyton Roy, Fife Milton All Star Pitcher

Adam,
Our daughter Peyton has been training with you for 2 years now and this Little League season is the best. She is pitching with good confidence and more aggressive on the mound, beating teams 15-0, 18-1 and the improvement is amazing.
.
Thanks Adam!
.
Jana and Troy Roy, FMF LL
Edgewood,WA
.
All Star



Peyton Roy
2008 All Star Pitcher
Peyton makes an All Star Performance April 14th 2009
.
Pitching an 18-1 Shutout
.
"Whatever it Takes" describes Peyton's training ethic. Her attitude, never give up! I really admire any athlete that comes to practice and trains hard because they feel that will give them an edge over the competition. Peyton keeps improving and that's what matters to her. " I like to pitch and hit because its fun and I get to strike-out batters and then later go up to bat and hit."
With frozen waterbottle in hand, it did not matter to Peyton. Peyton practiced in all types of weather in 2007. Rain,snow or ice did not slow down this pitcher in the making. I think because Peyton plays soccer all year round is the reason for her discipline to practice her pitching and hitting in any weather. I have yet to train pitchers in the snow and ice but when parents and pitchers call, I come and train with them. I just think it is nuts sometimes but you know what, there is nothing nice and pretty about playing fastpitch softball. It is a growing sport that can get rough and physical. Fastpitch requires all skill levels physically and mentally. I just thought to myself, ok these soccer players love the outdoors so I will show up in my warm-ups and train them. Alongside Peyton is her good friend and soccer and fastpitch companion, Andie Nelson. I remember many times training with both of them and said, ok this is only for an hour. A few hot chocolates later and hour goes by, then 90 minutes and now its 2 hours! Pitching, Hitting, Fielding in the snow and ice or rain. I learn so much from training players but this was a first. Really, that was the motivation behind opening up the indoor Tacoma Fastpitch Center. 2008 fall training was a little warmer but I miss the hot chocolates!!

No comments: