Tuesday, July 21, 2009





Carly Musser, Most Improved
LFA Summer Camp 2009
14u Pitcher

.



April is always an exciting time of year for baseball and fastpitch softball. The smell of the new grass after being cut. Hot dogs roasting in the ball park. Talks of Ichiro contending for another All Star season performance. Good times for kids and adults preparing for ball games. April always brings me new talent to work with.

.

I met Melissa Musser on facebook fastpitch friends and soon she enrolled her daughter Carly for Fastpitch Pitching lessons. There was something about Carly that got my attention. Tall and a coaches player because every instruction I gave her was followed by, ok or yes sir. I really just thought she wanted to improve a little more on her fastball for Little League. Then 2 months goes by and while at Summer Camp I noticed Carly throwing a little faster, learning new pitches rapidly and almost perfect in the strike zone on all her spots/ She is good at listening to every word from assistant camp coach Kelli Bornander, starting pitcher for Northern State University. Coach Kelly: Carly reminds me of me when I was 14. Tall and really wanting to be the best pitcher I could be. I think she is having fun and the fact that I can show her my college skills really motivated Carly to look to the future and share my dream. Coach Adam: It took only a few months to give Carly some new skills. What goes on when she leaves camp is her own doing. She is committed to training with her dad,Brian almost every day. Melissa Musser: When Carly puts her mind to something she wants to do I think she puts her perfectionist side into it and really strives to do her best. A bit shy, Carly doesn't like to look bad at what she does. Carly: " I worked hard training with my dad each day. If I don't understand something I am doing wrong, I look in my Training Journal and my pitching notes from Camp are there. I just follow the Important Keys to the pitch and it works. I like training with coach Kelli and I want to pitch like her. One day I will come back from college on summer break and help out at Summer Camps."
"She's turned into this new kid since she's been working with Adam. She actually has a swagger now, and that head strong, vibrant, excited kid I used to know is back, and you helped give that to her. When you pointed her out last night as most improved, I could see her whole body language change. She may not have shown it, but you made her day. "

.

mom, Melissa Musser

No comments: