Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stephanie " Triple Threat " Granger


LEADER

HONORS STUDENT

CHAMPION PITCHER/CATCHER/DH







Dreams do come true!

In the late summer of 2007 Stephanie Granger was on a mission... to be one of the Top Pitchers in the State. Honestly, Steph struggled to throw a fastball for a strike over any part of the plate. After evaluating Steph after 1 week of training it was clear to me that Steph really should consider another position in fastpitch! Her parents, Pete and Gail, talked it over with their disappointed daughter. On the second week I allowed Steph back for another chance to show me she had what it took to pitch. It really tore me up inside to tell her, sorry but no. Steph was throwing the ball everywhere but over the plate. I suggested if she worked on her lessons on her own and came back to my training camp throwing the ball over the plate then I would train her.
Steph physically had the gift to play any position on the field in my opinion. It was Steph's faith in God and her parents never giving up on her dream of one day becoming a champion pitcher. A few days later I got a call from Steph on the third week and she said, "I must see her now because she has been practicing well. " I almost did not believe her. Sure enough Steph showed me up! She worked out at home and her parents helped her alot. Not ever been in this situation before it turned into a great learning experience for me. I took a chance on Stephanie and it paid off. Most of all I was the one that needed a lesson from Stephanie, I learned to never give up on anyone. More on Steph later....

No comments: